Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Rite

Yes, another exorcism film. Ok, so I read some reviews before watching this and I thought I was in for a crappy terror film, but on the contrary, I actually enjoyed it. Yes, you might be surprised, I don't care. It had me thinking all the time "Why does everyone think this is such a bad film?", and then the ending came. That's when I realized what everyone was talking about.
The film is about an skeptic priest-to-be who is an atheist and is proven wrong. He finally believes after 3 exorcisms.
This film made me think a lot about exorcisms. What is up with that!?! The worse part is that some friends of mine have actually been to some! That's just too scary. The priest-to-be is a brave one, I'd be down on my knees with a rosemary on hand after the fist nail that came out of the mouth of the first exorcism.
This movie is what it is. A film about priests and exorcisms. If you are an atheist, don't even bother to watch it, you'll think it's stupid. Meh, for me it was entertaining... Except at the end, cheesy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment