Thursday, February 9, 2012

Moneyball

When I read the synopsis for this film, I was not into it AT ALL. A movie about the statistics of a sport I find very much so boring. That's right, baseball statistics. A yawner. But then, I thought to myself; "Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill & Phillip Seymour Hoffman, it can't be THAT bad." And so, I decided to watch it, and so glad I did.
A true story based on the Oakland's A's general manager, Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) trying to get his team to compete with wealthier teams for the championship but fails to do so, using the traditional method. He meets up with Peter (Jonah Hill), a young economist who ranks the players using only their stats. They work out a system in which, using purely numbers, they gather up a winning team within the budget.
Moneyball, a splendid surprise that accomplishes to contemplate the way nerds are taking over even the jock's fields. An outstanding talented cast; Pitt with his first-class performance, Hill bringing his awkward moments that make you laugh and Hoffman fulfilling the skeptical coach which gives the movie a little bit of drama. The bottom line is that this movie is definitely worth your time, you'll find it hard not to like, watch it!



No comments:

Post a Comment