Friday, March 18, 2011

La Ciudad de los Fotografos

Now, I look at the other side of the coin (I just saw I Love Pinochet).
La Ciudad de los Fotografos is a documentary film that covers a daring group of photographers that records brutal Pinochet's dictatorship.The film explores the families of the "desaparecidos" and pays homage to the courage of these activists. The documentary is a lot better than I Love Pinochet not only because it shows what truly happened, but the cinematography and photography is superb. You can truly see, through the testimonies and excellent photographies, how terrifying Pinochet's reign was. 
The only thing that bothered me about this film is that I could barely understand one of the photographer's spanish, for it was way too much of a local slang, and after a while it just gets annoying. But other than that, if you're a photojournalist, this is your kind of movie and if you're not, watch it either way, it's good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment